$18 – $21 /hr
IMS Global Gear & Machining •
Downers Grove, IL
3rd Shift ONLY
Loads, unloads and moves required materials within company grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Reads work orders or oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved opened or packed.
- Loads and unloads materials onto /or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand truck or forklift.
- Ability to load materials into vehicles and install strapping, bracing or padding to prevent damage during transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Accurately Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on a daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks cases, bales or other containers.
- Loads truck s for shipping.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information.
- Removal of waste product chips/scrap from cells and dispose of them correctly.
- Move/Transfer material physically and in Vantage to make room for more incoming/outgoing parts.
- Sit – Down forklift experience (preferably over 2 years, minimum 1 year)
- Experience in manufacturing Environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with WMS System
- Knowledge of Inventory Control/ Storage/ FIFO
- Ability to take verbal/written direction and prioritize.
- Organizational minded
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
- Dexterity and attention to detail