Repairs and maintains CNC, Electronic, Pneumatic mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Repairs CNC, Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical Pneumatic and Hydraulic elements.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Modifies computer-controlled motion of robot.
- Repairs Robotic equipment & controls.
- Assists Mechanical Engineer to modify sketches or computer-generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
Education – Degree (A.A, A.S, or B.A, B.S) from two-year or four-year College or university or equivalent experience preferred
Experience/Training – 5 years related experience or training. For additional training requirements, refer to the HR Training Matrix.