Position Title: COST ANALYST
IMS Global Gear & Machining
2500 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove, IL
Pay Rate: Up to $25 – $30 an hour based on expertise and experience
“Our employees are our biggest assets. We treat them with dignity and respect”
IMS Global Gear and Machining corporation overview:
Global Gear & Machining was established in 1991 as a high-volume precision gear manufacturer, which initially produced products serving applications in the medium and heavy-duty truck industry. As a result of a continual focus on diversification, quality, and the expansion of manufacturing technology through strategic investments, Global Gear has expanded its capabilities to include precision gear grinding/polishing, shaping, gun drilling, and balancing serving customers in a variety of industries. These investments have provided the path for Global Gear to produce a wide variety of products for applications in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, marine, fracking, agriculture, and automotive industries. Now in its third decade of business, Global Gear further expanded its technical capabilities in gear shaping and grinding through significant capital investments and continues to invest in new technologies and processes. Global Gear was acquired by IMS Companies in 2002. IMS is a diversified group of companies positioned with the size, scale, and reach necessary to provide innovative solutions for its customers through custom manufacturing and the development of proprietary products. IMS serves a wide array of industries including the appliance, automotive, commercial vehicle, communications, consumer, electronics, medical, and various industrial markets
Compiles production or sales cost reports on unit or total basis for department or working unit by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and report production costs at standard versus actual and provide explanations as products move through the manufacturing process
- Prepare production cost variance reports for weekly review
- Perform physical counts of raw and WIP inventory for high volume monthly job switchovers
- Oversee cycle count program
- Update standard costs in bill of materials for monthly cost rolls and specific parts for engineering change notices (ECN)
- Update raw and WIP inventory values for purchase price variances
- Prepare monthly customer sales analysis
- Distribute weekly analysis of applied accounts versus budget/forecast
- Update cutter amortization weekly based on vendor processing invoices
- Examines records such as time and production sheets, payroll, operations charts and schedules, to obtain data for calculations
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Analyze supplier invoices and PO’s
- Perform inventory obsolescence analysis
- Analyze and recommend cost savings and areas for improvement
**– Associate’s degree or higher from accredited university in business administration or related field.
** – 2-3 years related experience preferred.
**– Strong Microsoft Excel with knowledge of vLookups and Pivot Tables; Epicor/Vantage ERP system a definite plus
** – Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail
**Benefits:**401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Paid ½ hour lunch, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability.
**Prime Location:**We are located minutes away from Highway 355 off of Ogden ave. in Downers Grove and close to Belmont Metra train station.