This position will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations; monitoring and continuously enhancing our quality processes and procedures; leading the team and continuously monitoring and improving employee morale and engagement by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and maintains the Quality Management System IATF 16949:2016/ISO 9001:2015
- Oversees and maintains the Environmental System ISO14001
- Oversees auditing the implementation and effectiveness of the company’s quality and environmental initiatives
- Oversees the preparation for Management review, registration, internal, and third-party audits for all systems currently in place.
- Manages the corrective and preventative actions process for all types of issues
- Oversees the development of PPAP’s, Quality Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Oversees the gage maintenance and calibration process with their associated records
- Maintains and controls all documents associated with the QMS and Environmental systems
- Develops and conducts training for all employees in the Quality Department.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that they attain the same high level of quality that is expected throughout our organization. This includes the review of supplier corrective actions.
- Responsible for promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Manage the Quality team (Inspectors, Quality Engineers, Packers)
- Works with Materials Manager to oversee subcontractor quality surveys and audits.
- Issues and manages corrective actions for products, processes, and services which do not conform to requirements.
- Responsible for conformity to product and shall stop production to correct quality problems.
- Responsible for leading the MRB team and disposition of product
- Responsible for all spill containment and communicating issues with interested parties
- Participate on the safety committee team
- Other duties may be assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education – Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S) from four-year College or University preferably in a technical area or equivalent experience preferred
Experience/Training – 7 years related experience or training. For additional training requirements, refer to the HR Training Matrix.
Computer Skills – Microsoft Office Suite