Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Actively involved in the APQP process for all new jobs or process changes, including specific input for gauging requirements and control plan development.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining CMM part specific programs for inspection test equipment (CMM’s, M & M Gear checkers, etc.).
- Responsible for monthly scrap reporting and evaluation.
- Actively participates in the Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement activities as necessary.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Ability to write and implement procedures for ISO standards.
- Creates quality alerts and monitors sort activities.
- Conducts layouts for PPAP submissions.
Other duties may be assigned
Education – High School Diploma/GED or University preferably in a technical area or equivalent experience.
Experience/Training – 4 years related experience or training. Gear and machining experience is a plus. PC-DMIS software knowledge is a plus.
Computer Skills – CMM, M&M Gear Checker and Microsoft Office Suite. PC-DMIS or Calypso software knowledge.