Loads, unloads and moves required materials within company grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Reads work orders or oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved opened or packed.
- Loads and unloads materials onto /or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand truck or forklift.
- Ability to load materials into vehicles and install strapping, bracing or padding to prevent damage during transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Accurately Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on a daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks cases, bales or other containers.
- Loads truck s for shipping.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information.
- Removal of waste product chips/scrap from cells and dispose of them correctly.
- Move/Transfer material physically and in Vantage to make room for more incoming/outgoing parts.
Education – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Experience/Training – 2-year related job experience or training
Mathematics – Ability to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide in all units of measurement.
Other Skills – Trained to operate a sit-down forklift.