Pay Rate: Up to $30 an hour based on expertise and experience
Signing Bonus: Up to $2000
“Our employees are our biggest assets. We treat them with dignity and respect”
First shift: 6AM – 2PM
Second shift: 2PM – 10PM
Third shift: 10PM – 6AM
IMS Global Gear and Machining corporation overview:
Global Gear & Machining was established in 1991 as a high-volume precision gear manufacturer, which initially produced products serving applications in the medium and heavy-duty truck industry. As a result of a continual focus on diversification, quality, and the expansion of manufacturing technology through strategic investments, Global Gear has expanded its capabilities to include precision gear grinding/polishing, shaping, gun drilling, and balancing serving customers in a variety of industries. These investments have provided the path for Global Gear to produce a wide variety of products for applications in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, marine, fracking, agriculture, and automotive industries. Now in its third decade of business, Global Gear further expanded its technical capabilities in gear shaping and grinding through significant capital investments and continues to invest in new technologies and processes. Global Gear was acquired by IMS Companies in 2002. IMS is a diversified group of companies positioned with the size, scale, and reach necessary to provide innovative solutions for its customers through custom manufacturing and the development of proprietary products. IMS serves a wide array of industries including the appliance, automotive, commercial vehicle, communications, consumer, electronics, medical, and various industrial markets
We are seeking skilled CNC Set-up Machinists to join our team. The position requires the candidate to have basic math skills, CNC machining experience in turning and milling applications, should be able to read basic blueprints and understand CNC machines. Use of inspection equipment and recording of inspection results is required. Understanding and following work instructions and process sheets is required. The candidate is required to perform setups, set the work offsets and tool offsets, and run the production at the required rates as defined by job documentation. On-the-job training, as well as classroom training, will be provided to ensure your success which leads to the organization’s success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow standard operating procedures, set-up sheets, work instructions etc.
- Install fixtures and chuck jaws according to process.
- Install tooling in machine turret or magazine.
- Follow setup instructions, upload/download programs into machine tools, verify supplied part programs, and make minor edits.
- Inspect parts prior to QA submission and make necessary minor adjustments as needed to meet process prints.
- Interpret CMM chart data to correct setup / operating errors.
- Run production lot within all quality requirements and productivity requirements.
- Makes appropriate machine offsets to run parts to controlled specifications.
- Complete quality control documents properly and per control plan frequency.
- Understand control plans, identify all gages, follow disciplines associated with check frequencies
- Change basic tools (inserts, drills, endmills, etc.) proficiently.
- Adhere to preset tool change intervals.
- Log labor, production, and scrap data into the ERP system
- Understands and complies with proper containment activities and defective product isolation.
- Basic machine maintenance like replenishing machines with proper oils/fluids.
- Preferred experience in machining forgings and alloy steels and maintaining tight production tolerances.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic mathematical proficiency.
- Basic Blueprint Reading, knowledge of GD&T is a plus
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills are a plus
- Prior setup and production experience on CNC machinery is required.
Education – High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience/Training – 4+ years of related experience on CNC machine tools.
Machines & technologies to be used:
- CNC Mills (3-5 axis VMC and HMC) – Doosan, Mori Seiki, Brother, Etc.
- CNC Lathes (2-3 axis) Doosan, Okuma, Yama Seiki, Fuji, DMG Mori, Mazak, Etc.
- FANUC controls
401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Paid ½ hour lunch, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability.
We are located minutes away from Highway 355 off of Ogden ave. in Downers Grove and close to Belmont Metra train station.