Pay Rate: Starting at $17/hr. with up to $1.50/hr. shift premiums, room for advancement, incentives for continued employment and more.
“Our employees are our biggest assets. We treat them with dignity and respect”
Requirements: All with paid ½ hr. lunch
First shift: 6AM – 2PM
Second shift: 2PM – 10PM
Third shift: 10PM – 6AM
IMS Global Gear and Machining corporation overview:
Global Gear & Machining was established in 1991 as a high-volume precision gear manufacturer, which initially produced products serving applications in the medium and heavy-duty truck industry. As a result of a continual focus on diversification, quality, and the expansion of manufacturing technology through strategic investments, Global Gear has expanded its capabilities to include precision gear grinding/polishing, shaping, gun drilling, and balancing serving customers in a variety of industries. These investments have provided the path for Global Gear to produce a wide variety of products for applications in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, marine, fracking, agriculture, and automotive industries. Now in its third decade of business, Global Gear further expanded its technical capabilities in gear shaping and grinding through significant capital investments and continues to invest in new technologies and processes. Global Gear was acquired by IMS Companies in 2002. IMS is a diversified group of companies positioned with the size, scale, and reach necessary to provide innovative solutions for its customers through custom manufacturing and the development of proprietary products. IMS serves a wide array of industries including the appliance, automotive, commercial vehicle, communications, consumer, electronics, medical, and various industrial markets
We are seeking people interested in learning the machine trade(s) to join our team. The position requires the candidate to have basic math skills, have a good work ethic and most importantly, a desire to learn. On-the-job training, as well as classroom training, will be provided to ensure your success which leads to the organization’s success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Run production lot within all quality requirements and productivity requirements.
- Learn how to make appropriate machine offsets to run parts to controlled specifications.
- Complete quality control documents properly and per control plan frequency.
- Learn to (under guidance of a senior team member) change basic tools (inserts, drills, endmills, etc.) proficiently.
- Log labor, production, and scrap data into the ERP system
- Basic machine maintenance like replenishing machines with proper oils/fluids.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic mathematical proficiency.
- Basic Blueprint Reading, knowledge of GD&T is a plus
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills are a plus
- Prior Production experience on CNC machinery is a plus
- Must be able to lift 20lbs
Education – High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience/Training – 1 to 2+ years of related experience on CNC machine tools and/or experience in a manufacturing environment
401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Paid ½ hour lunch, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability.
We are located minutes away from Highway 355 off of Ogden Ave. in Downers Grove and close to Belmont Metra train station.