Lean-Continuous Improvement Engineer
$33.65 – $40.85 /hr
IMS Global Gear & Machining •
Downers Grove, IL
*The Lean-Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement, lean value stream process support, and development of manufacturing processes to maximize productivity while minimizing costs by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops advanced manufacturing processes. Assigned strategic investigations to support long range manufacturing development.
- Responsible to lead lean manufacturing efforts and can manage productivity improvement projects to support rapid improvement.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of process capability through the use of lean tools.
- Provides innovative cost-effective solutions to manufacturing process problems utilizing lean principles. Modify cell layouts utilizing lean value stream principles. Determines and recommends improvements of accurate cell capacity and production rates.
- Serves as an internal manufacturing process consultant for product groups, management, new product development engineering, and sales. Work with other departments within the corporation to ensure cost reduction efforts are being addressed, implemented and sustained.
- Provide engineering support to all departments. This may include design, quoting, procurement, and installation of new equipment which includes modifying existing equipment.
- Evaluate machines and materials for processing characteristics in regard to efficiency, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Responsible for conformity to product and shall stop production to correct quality problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- IATF 16949-10.3.1; 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 5.3
- ISO 9001/2015: 4-4.4.2; 5.1.1-5.3
- Quality Policy and Objectives
- Problem Solving
– Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S) from four-year College or university preferred in a technical area or equivalent experience.
– 4-year related experience or training
– Design Software and Microsoft Office Suite